and Little-Known Airfields
- This site lists abandoned airfields by state, providing histories,
photos and aeronautical charts.
- This site allows the user to search for airport information by
identifier, airport name, city name, or geographic coordinates. The search
results in a report which provides the location, ownership, use,
operations, communications, services, and runway information about that
particular airport. All of this information can also be found in the
Airport/Facilities Directory which is located in Reference (TL 726.2
Airport / Facility Directory
- Digital version of the Airport/Facility Directory covering the United
States, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, and Pacific Territories. Links are
provided to other free online products such as Geodetic Calculations,
Chart User's Guide, VFR Chart Bulletins, DACS Change Notice, etc.
Airport Activity Statistics of Certificated Air Carriers Summary Tables
- Provides summary statistics of U.S. aircraft departures, enplaned
passengers and freight/mail by airline, by state and by airport.
Airport Advisory Circulars
- Provides fulltext of FAR Part 150 advisory circulars, including new
airport AC's and draft AC's. Search by airport topic or scroll through a
numerical list. Links provided to other airport sites.
- Mapping.com provides IATA (3-letter) codes for public and private
airports worldwide. Links provided to military base airfields, ICAO codes
and an explanation of the history and practice of assigning codes. NOTE:
Scroll past the "Check Flight Status" section to arrive at the airport
code search interface.
Financial Reports by CATS
- CATS: Compliance Activity Tracking System gives the revenues and
expenditures at U.S. airports as reported to DOT on Forms 5100-126 and
-127. You may search by region, state, airport or fiscal year.
- What to do if you have a few hours between flights at over 50 major
U.S. and foreign airports. Provides terminal layout, transportation
information, an airport map, and links to the airport web site.
Airport Taxi Diagrams
- Regularly updated airport taxi diagrams are presented for more than
330 of the busiest towered airports. Search by airport identifier, name,
or city. Links are provided to runway incursion websites.
Airport Wildlife Mitigation
- General information on bird strikes and other wildlife hazards at
airports, focusing on control and research and development. Links to
manuals, statistics, FAA Certalerts and Advisory Circulars, training
opportunities and jobs. Provides access to the National Wildlife Strike
Database - ONLINE.
- Airports Council
- Representing over 1600 airports in 175 countries, the ACI site
presents news, events and publications of interest to airport operating
authorities. Click on "Data Centre" to see a ranking of the world's
busiest airports. To access ACI-North America, please visit
- American Association of
Airport Executives (AAAE)
- This site provides information on both AAAE and the International
Association of Airport Executives (IAAE) as well as data on job
opportunities, upcoming conferences, legislative issues relating to
airports, and AAAE publications such as
Florida Airports: Aviation Data and Forecasts
- Full text documents and statistics provide an overview of Florida
statewide operations and enplanements plus other commercial service and
general aviation data (historical and forecast).
National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems
- Published every two years, the NPIAS includes a narrative portion, a
list of NPIAS airports with 5-year forecast activity and development cost,
and state and territory maps of NPIAS airports.
Part 139 Airport Certification
- Provides information and links regarding revised FAR Part 139.
Included is a link to the Final Rule which details the FAA's intent in its
- Sponsored by the FAA, this site promotes runway safety through the
publication of full text reports, conference papers, and other items
dealing with runway incursions. Safety is viewed from the perspectives of
the pilot, ATC personnel and ground workers. Statistics regarding
incursions and pilot deviations are included.
- Solutions for safer airports. Sponsored by the American Association of
Airport Executives, this site provides a collection of resources on
developments in airport security including legislation, Congressional
testimony, FAR updates, articles, etc. Must be a member to access 'Alerts
& Notices'; all other categories accessible to non-members.
- Online sectional charts. Hold the cursor over "Charts" at the top of
the page to view available Terminal Area Charts, Helicopter Route Charts
and other miscellaneous charts, or click on a sectional chart.
Terminal Area Forecasts
- The FAA Office of Aviation Policy and Plans produces Terminal Area
Forecasts (TAF) which provides both historical and forecast statistics for
enplanements and operations at U.S. airports. Click on "Query Data," then
"Facility," then "Detail Report." Choose the years of coverage, then type
in your airport's 3-letter code or choose your airport from the list
provided. Click on "Run Report" to view enplanements, operations, and
based aircraft. Or, click on Download Report , then "Terminal Area
Forecast (TAF) > Reports" to view Summary reports.
World Airports Database
- The World Airports Database provides links to more than 450 airport
websites in over 50 countries. You may search by country, by U.S. state,
by airport name, or by airport code.