Aviation Regulations and FAA Information
Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Available from Transport Canada.
- Code of
- Available from the Government Printing Office.
Federal Aviation Regulations
- This site provides access to Parts 1-199 of Title 14 (Aeronautics and
Space) of the Code of Federal Regulations. Browse by specific Federal Aviation
Regulation (FAR) part or search by keyword.
- Available from the Government Printing Office.
International Aviation Authorities
- Globalair.com sponsors this site which provides links to the civil
aviation authorities of many foreign countries.
Joint Aviation Requirements
- JARs are available from the Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA, an associated
body of the European Civil Aviation Conference - ECAC). Other JAA documents
are available from the Hunt Library.
Notices of Proposed Rulemaking
- Available from the Federal Register via the Government Printing Office.
Scroll down and choose desired volume, Proposed Rules, and date (optional).
Then enter search terms.
Notices to Airmen
- Available from FAA's PilotWeb.
- Fulltext current and historical ACs. Choose from a list of AC or FAR part
numbers or search by keyword.
Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM)
- One of several publications available as part of the Air Traffic
Publications Library. Other documents include the Air Traffic Bulletin
Collection, FAA Order 7110.65, Air Traffic Control, and the International
Flight Information Manual.
Aviation Data & Statistics [FAA]
- Links to statistical documents such as US Civil Airmen Statistics,
Aviation Forecasts, and Airline On-Time Statistics. Be sure to click on the
tabs at the top of the screen (Aircraft, Airports & Air Traffic, etc.) to view
other useful documents.
FAA Administrator's Fact Book
- This web site provides data on accidents and accident rates, incidents,
hijackings, ATC activity, airspace system delays, aircraft and general
aviation activity, commercial space statistics and a commercial launch
schedule. An organizational chart and office addresses for the FAA are
included. Reports are provided in Adobe Acrobat format. Print copies are
available in the Reference area of Hunt Library (Ref. HE 9777 .U585).
- This site contains the Federal Aviation Administration forecasts of
aviation activity at FAA facilities. Links include previous aviation forecasts
as well as long-range aerospace forecasts.
- Forms [FAA]
and Manuals [FAA]
- Master Minimum Equipment
- At the top of the page, click on MMEL and choose Final. Scroll down and
over to MMELs, then select Part 91, Rotorcraft, Small aircraft, or Transport.
Digital Special Collections [Department of Transportation]
- Digitized historical collections include Civil Aeronautical Manuals, Civil
Air Regulations, superseded Advisory Circulars, and historical Federal
Orders and Notices [FAA]
Regulatory and Guidance Library [FAA]
- Provides 'regulatory, guidance and aviation product information' through
links to various databases such as FARs (current and historical), NPRMs, TCDS,
ADs, Orders, etc.
Supplemental Type Certificates
Technical Standard Orders
Type Certificate Data Sheets
Alabama Aeronautics Bureau
inside the Alabama Department of Transportation
Alaska Aviation and Airports
Office inside the Alaska Department of Transportation
Arizona Aeronautics Division - Office inside the Arizona Department of
Arkansas Department of
Office inside the Arkansas Department of Transportation
California Division of
Office inside the California Department of Transportation
Colorado Aeronautics Division
Office inside the Colorado Department of Transportation
Connecticut Bureau of Aviation
- Office inside the Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Office inside the Delaware Department of Transportation
Florida Aviation Office
- Inside the Florida Department of Transportation
Georgia Aviation Programs
- Office inside the Georgia Department of Transportation
Hawaii Airports Division
- Office inside the Hawaii Department of Transportation
Idaho Division of Aeronautics
- Office inside the Idaho Department of Transportation
Illinois Division of
- Office inside the Illinois Department of Transportation
- Office inside the Indiana Department of Transportation
Iowa Office of Aviation
- Inside the Iowa Department of Transportation
Kansas Division of Aviation
- Office inside the Kansas Department of Transportation
Kentucky Department of Aviation -
Office inside the Kentucky Department of Transportation
Louisiana Aviation Section - Office inside the Louisiana Department of
Maine Airports and Aviation
inside the Maine Department of Transportation
- Office inside the Maryland Department of Transportation
Massachusetts Plane Section
inside the Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Michigan Bureau of Aeronautics
inside the Michigan Department of Transportation
Minnesota Department of
inside the Minnesota Department of Transportation
- The Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Office inside the Missouri
Department of Transportation
Montana Aeronautics Division
- Office inside the Montana Department of Transportation
Nebraska Department of
- Office inside the Nebraska Department of Transportation
Nevada Aviation Planning
Office inside the Nevada Department of Transportation
New Hampshire Site Map/Air
Office inside the New Hampshire Department of Transportation
New Jersey Division of
Office inside the New Jersey Department of Transportation
New Mexico Aviation Division
Office inside the New Mexico Department of Transportation
New York Aviation
Office inside the New York Department of Transportation
North Carolina Division of
Office inside the North Carolina Department of Transportation
North Dakota DOT
- The North Dakota Department of
Ohio Office of Aviation
Office inside the Ohio Department of Transportation
- The Oklahoma Department of
Oregon Department of Aviation
Office inside the Oregon Department of Transportation
Pennsylvania Bureau of
Office inside the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
Rhode Island DOT
- The Rhode Island Department of
South Carolina Department of
Office inside the South Carolina Department of Transportation
South Dakota Office of
Inside the South Dakota Department of Transportation
Tennessee Aeronautics Division
Office inside the Tennessee Department of Transportation
Texas Aviation and Airports
Office inside the Texas Department of Transportation
Utah Division of Aeronautics
Office inside the Utah Department of Transportation
Vermont Aviation Program
Office inside the Vermont Department of Transportation
Office inside the Virginia Department of Transportation
Office inside the Washington Department of Transportation
West Virginia Airports
Office inside the West Virginia Department of Transportation
Wisconsin General Aviation
Office inside the Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Wyoming Aeronautics Division
Office inside the Wyoming Department of Transportation
- Sponsored by Cranfield University in the UK this website provides access
to key aerospace and defense information sources created worldwide including
NASA Langley reports and other full text technical reports, engineering design
data, news, and much more.
- Almost 104,000 Department of Defense standards and specifications, also
known as 'mil specs,' are available here in full text. Search by word in the
title, by document ID, by document number or by FSC (Federal Supply Class).
The documents are available in .pdf format.
- Department of
- This home page provides information about the Department and links to
related sites such as Homeland Security and Terrorism. Click on "Publications"
at the top of the screen for information about the branches of the military,
the budget, personnel, and military bases.
- The world's largest non-governmental library and archive of declassified
U.S. documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act. Of particular
interest are the
September 11th Sourcebooks and
Documents Referenced in the 9/11 Commission Report.
- Florida Department
- Provides information on highway construction, safety programs, maps.
Popular links include vehicle registration, driver license, and 'Visit
Florida' tourism office.
Government Information Locator Service
- 'Information from and about Florida State government,' including local
links. Categories include business, consumer, tourism, government, etc.
- 'The official portal of the state of Florida,' this site leads visitor and
resident alike to all government and business services including driver
license information, vehicle registration, various licenses, and other useful
- Volusia County
- Provides general information on Volusia County, the beaches, business
development, county services (such as the airport, budget, etc.), local
government, tourism and local weather.
Publications and Documents
- Budget of the
United States Government
- The Office of Management and Budget has posted the Budget for the upcoming
year and previous years, going back to 1996. Also available on this site is
the Citizen's Guide to the Federal Budget. The documents are available
in Adobe Acrobat format and are searchable.
Code of Federal Regulations
- The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) is a codification of the general and
permanent rules published in the Federal Register. The on-line version is
updated at the same time the paper editions are published. The site is
searchable by CFR citation, keyword, or by title. It is also possible to
browse by CFR Part. In both cases, the results provide links to the full text
of the documents. The text can be viewed in text or .pdf format.
Documents of U.S. Democracy
- This site provides direct access to historical and current government
documents which define our society. Those documents include The Declaration
of Independence, the Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents,
the Congressional Record, and the Bill of Rights as well as many
- This site allows the user to search volumes of the Federal Register by
section, by date, or by keyword in its entirety back to 1995. The database
allows the use of the Boolean terms, AND, OR, and NOT, but they must be
capitalized. Phrases are searched for by putting them in quotes, and the
asterisk symbol (*) is used for truncation. A browse function is also
available. Search results list the matching document with their titles and
length. The user can then choose to see either the full text, a summary, or
view a .pdf version of the document.
Government Accountability Office
- The GAO is the investigative and auditing arm of the U.S. Congress. It
publishes reports and testimony on a wide range of programs funded by Congress
such as airport security, military aircraft, competition in the airline
industry, etc. Search by specific report number, keyword, or click on 'Reports
and Testimony' to browse titles. Reports are available pre-1970 to present,
with most appearing in fultext format. Be sure to specify the desired date
range before searching.
- GPO Access
(Government Printing Office)
- The GPO is an excellent source of materials published by the Federal
Government. This Web site links to Supreme Court Decisions, the Congressional
Record, resources from the Executive Office and lots more.
- Occupational Outlook
- The full text of this publication including descriptions of jobs,
necessary training, job outlook and earnings. Keyword searchable.
- This is the official handbook of the federal government with descriptions
of the functions of most of the government a gencies and departments. Each
entry includes addresses, telephone numbers, responsibilities, and a history
of the agency, as well as a listing of regional offices. This version is
searchable by keyword or browse the table of contents and select a chapter to
view in text or .pdf format.
United States Code
- This searchable database provides the general and permanent laws of the
United States. It is keyword searchable using the Boolean terms, and, or, and
not. A phrase can be searched by placing single quotation marks around
it. Or, you may search by title, section, citation, etc.
Search Government Resources
DTIC ONLINE: Public Technical Reports
- Sponsored by the Defense Technical Information Center , DTIC Online
searches publicly accessible information sources and includes report citations
and many full-text technical reports.
- Operated by the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), this site
is a comprehensive central access point for locating and ordering government
Full-text state statutes and legislation on the Internet
- Arranged alphabetically by state.
- Google U.S.
- A search engine developed at Stanford University which indexes U.S.
Government Internet sites. This engine automatically puts the word AND between
any terms you enter and you can search for a phrase by putting quotation marks
around your terms.
- Thomas: Legislative
Information on the Internet
- This site connects users to the full text of major legislation, public
laws, and historical documents. It contains sections on Legislation,
the Congressional Record, and Committee Information. Under
Legislation, a person can search for a bill by number, or word/phrase, or
browse the listing. Then you can view the full text of the bill, see a list of
sponsors, or check the status. This is a wonderful site.
- U.S. Patent and
- A full-text patent and image database covering 1790 to the present.
Patents from 1790-1975 can only be searched by patent number or issue date;
other years can be searched by keyword. Note: While you must have a TIFF image
plug-in on your computer to view images, full-text patent information for
1976-present is available without a viewer. Click on "How to View Patent
Images" for information and downloading of the TIFF plug-in.
- Search 30 million federal or state government web pages by keyword, state,
popular topic or by category (citizens, business, government).
- Bureau of Justice
- This site provides the full text of many different reports and statistics
gathered by the Justice Department. The documents are available in .pdf or
text format. It includes information on crimes and victims, criminal
offenders, law enforcement, prosecution, corrections, etc. In addition, under
a section entitled, Special Topics, a person can expect to find information on
firearms and crime, and the World Factbook of Criminal Justice Systems.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- This site provides information on employment and living conditions, as
well as breaking down the consumer price index (CPI) by region or industry. It
also contains regional information and publications such as The
Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Bureau of Transportation
- In the 'Airline Industry' box, you can find great quick facts such as Air
Traffic Hubs and Airport Rankings. Click on "More Airline Industry" to get
more data including on-time statistics and causes of flight delays, airline
fuel cost and consumption, and a link to Airport Activity Statistics.
County and City Data Books
- Geostat provides access to the 1988, 1994 and 2000 County and City Data
Books (also available in paper format in the Hunt Library's Reference
Collection). You may search 4 data sets: county, state, city and place
('Census designated places') data. A helpful feature allows displaying up to
75 variables alphabetically, or in ascending/descending order. Also provides
selected county and city rankings by subject.
Economic Statistics Briefing Room
- This site is part of the White House's Briefing Room. It provides current
statistics in chart and text form on income, transportation, employment, and
gross national product. It also provides links to the homepages of the
government bureaus responsible for gathering the various statistics, such as
the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The Federal Government produces so many different types of statistics by
so many different agencies that it can be difficult to locate the statistics
that you need. In order to address that need, this site has come into being.
The statistics can be found using the A-Z Topic Listing or by performing a
keyword search using the boolean operators, AND and OR. In addition, there is
a regional statistics section which breaks out agriculture, health, education,
crime, and demographics. The policies pertaining to the statistics are also
linked to here and are available in .pdf format.
National Transportation Statistics
- Issued annually by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, editions from
2000 to present are available for viewing or downloading. This compendium of
statistics includes data on all modes of transportation with emphasis on the
economy, the environment, safety and overall performance. Aviation statistics
concerning baggage complaints, air carrier delays, and passenger screening are
among the many statistics made available.
Statistical Abstract of the United States
- This source provides excellent statistical information on population,
education, crime, etc. The full-text of older versions are available in .pdf
format only. However, some of the frequently requested tables are made
available separately in text format. A print copy of this edition as well as
of older editions can be found in Reference (Ref. HA 202 .U58s year).
U.S. Census Bureau Statistical Agencies (International)
- Links to statistical agencies from governments around the world.